Roberto Jean Francois has developed with his personal clients a unique philosophy for beautiful hair; one which combines absolute elegance with a individual point of view on practicality.
Born and raised in France and now living in Sydney, Robertoʼs career as a hair stylist has been extensive and wide ranging both in Australia and Europe.
Here are some of the highlights…
- Hair and makeup stylist for the Australian Fashion Awards and Australian Fashion Week.
- Editorial for Vogue, Votre Beaute.
- Artistic Director for Jacques Dessange, Paris.
- Collaboration with Serge Lutens for Shiseido.
- Hair and make-up for prestige fashion houses such as JP Gaultier and Richard Tyler.
- Collaborated with the couturier Thierry Mugler for the Bicentenary of Australia.
- Creative Director for designer Trelise Cooper.
Roberto worked as Head of Production (Hair and Makeup Design) for The Australian Fashion Awards, Australian FashionWeek and has collaborated with such brands as EsteeLauder, Revlon, Clinique, Christian Dior, Chanel and MAC.
As well as his skills in hair and makeup, Roberto also excelled in his career as a professional visual stylist in photography and film. Roberto has worked extensively for over 20 years as a beauty and fashion photographer. His work has featured in magazines such as Harpers Bazaar, Vogue Entertaining, Studio Magazine, Cream, New Woman, Yen and Votre Beaute. Roberto has also been involved in promoting special projects for a number of creative and intellectual talents nationally and internationally including Silver Screen New Zealand, Saatchi & Saatchi and the Sydney Film Festival.
In 2009, Roberto launched into short film making and released his first short film, which featured in film festivals in Sydney, Melbourne, Berlin, Athen, Milan and most recently The Hague.*Recently Roberto has worked for “Primped Magazine ” Directing and filming hair and makeup segments for their online beauty and fashion magazine.
Roberto’s personal and professional goals include the following: Always keep the vision, achieving maximum and positive results with skills and services within a professional team partnership.